MISSISSIPPI DENTAL BOARD
BOARD REGULATION NUMBER 45 - CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
Purpose: To establish Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation requirements for dentists, dental hygienists, and all other dental auxiliary personnel.
1. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) requirements will be effective on July 1, 1994, and reporting will be incorporated with the annual registration to be submitted July 1, 1995. Refer to Board Regulation #41 concerning reporting requirements.
2. Effective July 1, 2012, all dental offices in the State of Mississippi shall be required to have a minimum of one (1) properly functioning Automated External Defibrillator (AED), or equivalent defibrillator, on the premises of each dental office. Each AED, or equivalent defibrillator, shall be maintained in a properly functioning capacity at all times. Proof of the availability of a properly functioning AED, or equivalent defibrillator, shall be made available for review at any time by any member of the Board or by any designated agent of the Board.
3. All dentists and dental hygienists licensed by the State of Mississippi and holding active licenses shall be currently certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Further, all auxiliary personnel involved in direct patient care must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. All auxiliaries must be certified in CPR within one hundred eighty (180) days of employment.
4. Proof of certification shall be maintained by the dentist or dental hygienist for the time period specified in Board Regulation 41 and shall be made available for review at any time by any member of the Board or by any designated agent of the Board. When a Board member or any designated agent thereof shall conduct any authorized investigation, any and all proof of certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation will be reviewed and/or audited by such Board member or authorized agent during the course of the investigation. Finally, when any licensee is noticed to appear before the Board to show cause why that licensee's dental or dental hygiene license should not be suspended, revoked, or have other action taken against it, that licensee is required to present proof of compliance with this Regulation.
5. False certification of CPR courses or failure to comply with this Regulation shall subject the dentist or dental hygienist to disciplinary action, including revocation of license. Fines will be assessed for failure to comply with this Regulation. Fines assessed herein will correspond to those fines enumerated in Board Regulation #41 for non-compliance with continuing education requirements.
6. Participation in approved Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), American Heart Association (AHA), or American Red Cross (ARC) courses may be used to fulfill the requirements of this Regulation. All other equivalent courses shall be approved by the Board on a case-by-case basis; however, in no instance shall any course be approved by the Board that does not contain a hands-on mannequin component.
7. Any dentist or dental hygienist requesting a change from inactive to active status is not required to meet the CPR requirements for the reporting period during which that dentist or dental hygienist was inactive. However, any dentist or dental hygienist requesting active status must, within the previous twelve (12) months prior to requesting active status, be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
8. Any dentist or dental hygienist requesting reinstatement of a license which was voided for a failure to reregister or which was revoked must, within the previous twelve (12) months prior to requesting licensure reinstatement, be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Regulation Forty-Five adopted by the Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiners February 4, 1994; amended July 29, 1994; amended May 29, 1995; amended December 8, 1995; amended February 7, 1997; amended March 7, 1997; amended May 8, 2009; amended August 6, 2010.
This WebSite Powered
This WebSite Best Viewed
@ 1024 x 920 With
Send mail to
WebMaster@CajunAEDSales.com or Click on Our MailBox with
questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2011 CAJUN AED SALES, LLC
Last modified: 10/09/11